- What are the main differences between the engines in jet fighters and the engines in jet airliners; which type of engine is the more efficient, and (qualitatively) why?战斗机与民用科技的引擎有何区别，哪一个效率更高，为什么？量化你的回答。
- How would you design a gravity dam for holding back water?
- What would happen if you drilled through the Earth all the way to the other side and then jumped into the hole?如果你打了一个洞通道通向地球另一侧，并跳下去，会发生什么？
- Why did they used to make the mill chimneys so tall?为什么要将工厂烟囱设计得那么高？（tip: stack effect）
- Explain the following to someone with no knowledge of physics: force, momentum, power, work.
- What are the fundamental differences between Engineering and Physics?
- If you had a cylinder, sealed at both ends, with the pressure rising inside, would it blow at the end or split along the side first?如果有个中空的管子两头封死，内部压强持续增大，它会两头先破还是管壁先破？
- If I am in a room with 5 people and guess all their birthdays what is the probability of getting (only) one correct?如果我向屋子里的5个人猜他们的生日，我猜对且只猜对一个人的生日的几率是多少？
- Sketch a velocity time graph for a skydiver jumping out of a plane.
- A rectangular sheet dimensions a x b is to be made into an open-topped box by cutting a square of side h from each corner and folding the 4 sides up. Find the value of h which allows the maximum volume of the box?一张矩形a乘以b的纸，四个角割除边长为h的正方形以折成一个盒子，当h为多少时盒子的体积最大？
- Show the forces acting on a ladder
- Why do sausages split lengthways, rather than around the circumference?
- How small can you make a computer? What are the limiting factors?计算机（电脑）可以做到多小？是什么限制了它的极限？
- How do you think you could calculate the number of calories that you have burnt after you have gone for a run?
- they had a toy car and propelled it by attaching a blown up balloon and releasing it, they asked my question on how to increase the speed, the flow of the air and momentum.通过一只气球放气来推动小车，如何增加速度，以及描述运动过程。
- What challenges do you think you would be facing as a formula 1 engineer in 10 years time?
Is there essentially any difference between taxation and the state taking away one of your arms?
Put a monetary value on this teapot?
If you’re not in California, how do you know it exists?
Is it a matter of fact or knowledge that time travels in only one direction?
Differentiate between power and authority.
Why do we need government?
Would it be feasible to have an economy entirely based on the service sector?
Do you believe in free will? How far does it extend to - an oyster, for example?
Are you cool?
If there were three beautiful, naked women standing in front of you, which one would you pick? Does this have any relevance to economics?
What have you enjoyed most about your A Level Economics course?
Do animals think?
How do you measure the success of a political voting system?
If a Martian drops money across the country, does inflation go up?
Convince me you are real and not just in my dreams?
When I was at school in the 1970s, there was talk of a pensions crisis that would one day hit. The talk persisted in the 1980s, and the 1990s – and then there was a pensions crisis, and little had been done politically to prepare us for it. Is there a fault with the British political system that means we can't sensibly address serious medium and long-term problems when they are identified?
I'm having trouble with the meaning of three words: Lie, Deceive, Mislead. They seem to mean something a bit similar, but not exactly the same. Help me to sort them out from each other.
is it possible for a society to exist in which everyone lies all the time? why?
What exactly do you think is involved in blaming someone?
a person with 50 k is rich. a person with n pounds is rich and a person with n-1 pounds is also rich. so a person with 1 pound is rich. I then had to falsify I.
think of a question that you have prepared an answer to, ask yourself the question and show us how you would answer it in a logical fashion 自己问自己一个准备的问题，然后讲出准备好的答案，让我们看到逻辑的魅力。
- What is the point of using NHS money to keep old people alive?
- What would you say if Gordon Brown were to take a report which shows that people who go to university earn more than those who do not, and then proclaim that going to university causes you to earn more?如果调查显示大学毕业生收入高于未读大学的人，证明大学使人收入增加。你如何看？
- Should governments subsidise agriculture?
- What are the consequences of changing interest rates?
- What is the point of privatisation?
- How would you make a hypothetical sandwich stall more profitable?
- What is a monopoly? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- If the government passed a law requiring people to wear seatbelts, why might this result in more road accident casualties?如果政府通过法案规定所有人系安全带，为什么这可能导致车祸死亡率上升？
- distance from London to new York, work out
- tell me why playing your sport will make you a better economist解释为什么你参与的运动会有助于你成为更好的经济学家？
- why do Ryan air try and sell tickets for Dublin day passes on flights into London Stansted?为什么廉价航空出售伦敦Stansted机场和都柏林之间的日票（一日内畅飞）？
Why is water so important to life?
If you could save either the rainforests or the coral reefs, which would you choose?
Here is a piece of bark, please talk about it.
Here’s a cactus. Tell me about it.
Why do some habitats support higher biodiversity than others?
Why don't most herbivores have green fur?
What percentage of the world's water is in a cow?
Why are there so few large predators?
Tell me about a banana.
Why do many animals have stripes?
Is it easier for organisms to live in the sea or on land?
Why do lions have manes?
Ladybirds are red. So are strawberries. Why?
Would it matter if tigers became extinct?
Why is there salt in the sea?
How do amino acids behave in both acidic and basic conditions?
What is the significance of the human genome project?
How does DNA fingerprinting work? What is its use?
How do you tell if a protein codes for a transmembrane protein?
Why are there only twenty amino acids?
What shape are bacteria and why?
What is the concentration of water?
What problems do fish face underwater?
Why does an egg rot?
Why can’t humans live forever?
Comment on a population pyramid.
Is shopping the new religion?
How could you tell how long a disease had been prevalent in an area
Tell me about this log
If a brain was placed in front of you, how would you describe it?
If you were a virus, how would you communicate your opinions to me?
Why do leaves have their stomata on the lower surface?
Why don’t animals have wheels?
How can you tell how genetically identical the individuals of a species are?
What evidence is there to suggest that humans are still evolving?
Can you design an experiment to test the effect of bird faeces on lichen growth?
Why is it that everyone regards Darwin as such a great man?
Explain the differences between bacteria and viruses.
How would you test to see if a rat could tell red from blue?
How has the human diet changed in the last three decades and why?
What would you define as a species?
Give me an example of how specialist biological knowledge has helped food production.
Why is there a higher probability of being killed by an asteroid collision than by a heart attack?
What kind of changes would occur to the environment if a large asteroid impacted earth?
What are the arguments for preserving biodiversity?
What makes drugs physiologically active?
What would you do if I were a Magpie?
How many animals did Moses take on the arc?
If a carrot can grow form one carrot cell, why not a human?
Discuss ways in which plants are adapted to dry conditions.
Why are big, fierce animals so rare?
How does the immune system recognise invading pathogens as foreign cells?
Describe a potato and then compare it to an onion.
is it possible to grow mushrooms in the bathroom
for which disease do you think it is an advantage to be a carrier of cystic fibrosis?
If I said that when I tossed this coin and every time it said heads you have to give me 50p but every time it showed a tails I give you a pound, how many times would you let me flip it and the coin show heads in a row before you would stop playing the game?
The viruses that infect us are totally dependent on human cells for their reproduction; is it therefore surprising that viruses cause human diseases?
Explain how a perm works